Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thank god for deep frying!

Last night was taco night at our house. The ground beef was done. The lettuce and tomatoes were all chopped up. The tortillas were warmed up after a short spin in the microwave.

John made his first soft taco and then took a big bite. Then he made a funny face. "This doesn't taste quite right." It wasn't the beef or the other fixings. He said it was the tortilla. I nibbled on a piece of mine and tasted the most strangest tortilla I've ever had in my life. It was thick but spongy and rubbery and a bit raw tasting.

[the bad guy, spongy tortillas]

I then tried to heat up the tortillas using the skillet. That also failed to tranform the spongy tortillas into something edible.

My last resort was oil. A big honking pot of oil. I cut the tortillas into small triangles and deep fried them to make crispy chips.

Deep frying, thank you for rescuing our taco night. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...