Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I *heart* the Waikiki Aquarium.

Besides being the place where John and I met, this tiny little aquarium on the outskirts of Waikiki has a special place in my heart. At 105 years old, it's the 3rd oldest aquarium in the United States and is home to tons of fishes, corals, anemones, and even 2 endangered Hawaiian monk seals.

Here's just a peek at what you can find there:


Through June - August, the aquarium also features their Ke Kani O Ke Kai (The Sound of the Ocean) summer concert series. This year's line up sounds pretty exciting! I would suggest getting your tickets in advance because these concerts have been known to sell out, especially when award-winning artists like Willie K or The Brothers Cazimero will be performing....


John and I will be there as volunteers. We hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Jellyfish! I loved the jellyfish there - soooo gorgeous to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, Lisa! The jellyfish photo is unreal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...