Tuesday, January 18, 2011

365 Blitz!

We are finally back after spending the weekend at my parents' house while John spent most of his weekend cleaning our apartment and making room in our spare bedroom/workroom/storage room for Little John's crib. The cleaning/reorganizing still isn't 100% complete but John did manage to get a ton of stuff done. Thank you, wonderful husband, I love you!

15/365: Creepy Crawlies! My parents have a plant in their front yard that has TONS of these monarch butterfly caterpillars. When I went to visit about a week and a half ago, I counted five but when I went over again on Saturday, there were so many that I couldn't even count them. Yes, there were seriously that many. I wonder how many there will be when I go over again this week!

16/365: Grandma did it, I swear. Why would I put a pink hair curler in my son's hair? =P

17/365: Octopus balls... Japanese octopus balls, takoyaki, were on the menu for lunch on Sunday. =) The secret to yummy takoyaki is to use big chunks of octopus and to not overcook them. This was just my second time making takoyaki but it was pretty easy, especially with the help of a special electric takoyaki pan. =)

18/365: Closed to the public... Except for us, since we got to help out with something at Hanauma Bay this morning. =) In addition to mongoose and feral cats, this guy was also enjoying the peace and quiet. It was overcast, which made for perfect beach weather for us, the people who were on Little John got to dip his feet into the water and unlike the last time he was at Hanauma Bay, there was no screaming or crying involved. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...