Monday, June 15, 2009

Saturday night snorkeling at Hanauma Bay

...was a total bust. Too many people, super high tide, way huge waves.

Man, I even put on my wetsuit for this. If you've never put on a full wetsuit, you have no idea what an ordeal this is. It's even worse when you're putting it on home, on a 90+ degree day with no air conditioning.

Although it didn't look hopeful for a good snorkel, John and I decided to give it a try. I got all the way to the water with my full wetsuit on, hair pulled back off my face, fins on my feet, and waterproof flashlight and mask in hand, when John asked me where my snorkel was. Oopsie. It was all the way on shore in my bag.

Learn from my absent-mindedness. You might want to double-check to see if you have your snorkel before getting into the water to snorkel. =P

Hanauma Bay is open until 10pm every other Saturday night. Maybe we'll see you there! Don't forget your snorkel!

1 comment:

  1. i've only snorkeled at hanauma bay once, and it was kind of disappointing after all the hype. visibility wasn't great, and the water was a bit rough for me. i kept thinking i was going to end up impaled on coral. :( but i take it it's worth another try sometime, hopefully in better conditions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...