Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Damn it Disney, why do you make me cry?

Last night, John and I finally went to go see Disney & Pixar's latest movie, UP. It was a really good movie, REALLY good. Very cute, very fantastical, and yet really touching. We didn't see it in 3-D (thought it might be a little distracting from the story) but now I'm curious about what it's like in 3-D. This movie is actually one that I wouldn't mind auctioning off my kidney to watch again. I also would love to see this movie on BluRay. What Pixar is able to accomplish with itsy bitsy details like the texture of a character's tweed jacket or their chin stubble is seriously awe-inspiring.

However, beware, this movie may make you cry. If you're married, or engaged, or not-yet-engaged-but-100%-sure-you'll-marry-your-current-significant-other, beware, this movie may make you cry. And in the first 5 minutes, nonetheless. I wasn't the only one crying. A woman sitting in front of me was dabbing at her eyes with some tissue. At least she came prepared!

Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc., and Finding Nemo. Damn you also for making me cry.

5 comments:

  1. Yup, I was practically sobbing in the first 5 min. We saw it in 3-D; it was pretty neat, I was more concerned about keeping the glasses on over my existing glasses (should have worn contacts!) than in awe over the 3-D effects though. Not distracting, some particular cool 3-D parts - maybe you should see it again in 3-D! :) I'm pretty sure I cried in all those other movies too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness I don't cry out loud or else I think I would have embarassed myself, hahah.

    Maybe next week will be UP in 3-D week.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I haven't seen it yet but I am hugely affected by movies/commercials/sappy stuff in general. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I want to see this so much! And Toy Story 2 made me cry, too...when Jessie is left by the side of the road and THAT song is playing...gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i try hard to sniffle very surreptitiously! sometimes it's hard b/c i really need to blow my nose, which would probably be a dead giveaway =P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...