Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cute or cruel?

These are some shots from the Hawaiian Humane Society's Petwalk from 2 years ago. Petwalk is held in October every year at Magic Island (Ala Moana Beach Park) and is the one day out of the whole entire year that pets are allowed there. There were many dogs (and a few cats and other animals) that were dressed up for the special occasion. Personally, I think dressing up animals is cute. John thinks that it's cruel.

You be the judge.

So what do you think? Cute or cruel?

2 comments:

  1. I think it's adorable. Any dog who doesn't want to wear a costume will promptly take it off. Usually when people (like myself) go to such extremes and expense with dog costumes, it is indicative of that dog's status as a pampered and beloved pet, not as a victim of cruelty. I loved them all, especially the little geisha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate seeing dogs dressed up like that...well actually, I shouldn't say that. I don't mind if it's only once in a while (like Halloween, or this) and if the dog clearly isn't miserable. But I loathe it when people dress up their purse pets daily. It's a living animal, not a doll. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...