Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another photo blitz...

I spent another long weekend at my parents' house while John got more cleaning done at the apartment. One thing I love about their place is that I actually get to take pictures outside. Here's a shot from the backyard. The bright green blob is a leaf that was lit up in the most beautiful way by the sunlight. =)


One of the caterpillars finally turned into a butterfly! This one was waiting for its wings to completely dry before flying off. Butterflies are so beautiful!


Time, which is something that I always seem to not have enough of....until recently! John's been taking the baby with him on his weekly walk around Kapiolani Park so I get to stay home and enjoy just being by myself. I hope it doesn't sound awful to say, but being able to just be alone is sooooo refreshing and exactly what I need to recharge. The first time I was home alone, I did a ton of house stuff but I think I need to learn how to just sit back and do nothing.


Our cheapo dresser from Walmart that we had to buy when we found out that we desperately needed more storage space for baby stuff. This dresser has four drawers. I have the top drawer for my clothes. Little John has the other three for his stuff!


One of the best pieces of mail I've ever received. This contained a letter from the Japanese government saying that my pension refund had been transferred to my bank account. Cha-ching!! This is how I managed to finance my camera upgrade. =)


Ruffles and dots. Yay!


Little John at the park, surprising me with his willingness to sit and play in the grass. The first few times I tried standing him up in the grass, he surprised me with his mastery of the one-legged stand to try to avoid the grass. What a difference a month makes. Here he is, sitting in the grass like they've been best friends forever.


The view from our booth at the Ukulele Picnic at Kakaako Park. The craft fairs we usually do don't have awesome views like this. Blue blue sky. Although we got sunburned, it was a pretty fun day!


For Valentine's Day. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...